Solutions for Microsoft Office System and SharePoint help you enhance and control your Microsoft Office SharePoint Server deployments. The IQ Business Group (IQBG) can provide a proven, enterprise-class content management infrastructure for Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office desktop applications: end users access a single content platform that addresses your business process, compliance, and archiving requirements.
The Microsoft SharePoint Foundation solution framework provides a way to bundle all the components that can be used to extend SharePoint Foundation into a single new file, called a solution file. A solution file has a .cab-based format but a .wsp file extension. A solution is a deployable, reusable package that can contain a set of features, site definitions, and assemblies that apply to sites, and that you can enable or disable individually.
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Office – Document services such as browse, search, check-in/check-out, and workflow accessed directly from your Microsoft Office Desktop, Outlook, and SharePoint applications. This enables developers and administrators to easily install files on the front-end Web servers in a server farm. SharePoint Foundation can package all of your SharePoint Foundation entities as one file, add the file to the solution store, and deploy it to the front-end Web servers
- Reduced compliance risks – Avoid penalties during litigation or audits by automatically capturing and classifying records content across Microsoft Office applications and documents.
- Storage efficiency – Lower your storage costs by migrating older or infrequently accessed content from primary storage systems to more cost-effective archival storage.
- Automated business processes – Leverage business process management capabilities from the SharePoint interface.
- Easy browsing and search – Use federated search services to search SharePoint content as well as other third-party content.